Free Consultations & We're Available 24/7

Criminal Defense Inc Top Los Angeles Criminal Lawyers

Risk Free Consultation

  • Client And Service Oriented

    We're a client oriented firm. It means providing the level best in service, possible, regardless of the time of day.

  • Over 50 Years Experience

    Experience means we've seen or handled virtually every type of criminal defense situation. It means you can trust us.

  • Work Directly With An Attorney

    When you hire our firm, you always work directly with an attorney whose responsible for managing your case.

Los Angeles Seal Juvenile Records Lawyers

Los Angeles Seal Juvenile Records Lawyers

A juvenile’s criminal record can be viewed by anyone who has access to past criminal history. That could be a potential employer or financial institution if a background check is required. California does not seal juvenile records automatically when the person reaches the age of 18. When you reach the age of adulthood in California, you have to petition the juvenile court to seal the records.

Specific Court Documents

A juvenile record can be sealed through a petition, which is a form that needs to be filled out and filed with the court. It has to specifically arrive at the court in the country where the conviction occurred.

You have to call the specific court to receive the form they use for record sealing. At that time, it’s best that you find out if there are any special requirements for filing the petition.

Once the records are sealed, background checks performed by employers and others won’t reveal the conviction. After 5 years, the records are completely destroyed as if they didn’t exist.

Without a petition to have records sealed and eventually destroyed, the conviction will stay until your 38th birthday when they will be destroyed.


There are some eligibility requirements for sealing your juvenile records.

  • You are 18 years old.
  • You’re not 18 years old, but 5 years has passed since the termination of probation.
  • There’s been no felony conviction since your last arrest.
  • You have not been convicted of a “Crime of Moral Turpitude”.
  • Your case was handled entirely by the juvenile court.
  • Your case didn’t result in a civil litigation that’s ongoing.

Some details of the case will make you not eligible to seal your records.

  • At the age of 14 or older, you were formally judged for a 707 (b) offense.
  • The case against you was a traffic offense.

Examples of 707 (b) Welfare and Institutions Code Offenses

  • Any felony offense where the minor used a weapon.
  • Discharge of a firearm at a motor vehicle that resulted in death or great bodily injury.
  • Crimes against people over the age of 60 or those who are blind or disabled.
  • Selling more than a half ounce of a controlled substance.
  • Crimes that involve murder, aggravated mayhem, torture, rape or kidnapping.

Information Needed for the Petition

You’ll need the case number, the date of arrest, arresting agency, violation and disposition of the case.

If you don’t know this information, can’t remember where you were arrested or need other assistance to fill out the forms, our office of highly-skilled and experienced lawyers can help you. There are times when you might be denied the right to seal your juvenile records. We can help in those cases too.

Benefits to Sealing

There are many benefits to sealing your records. You’ll be able to state truthfully that you have no criminal history when you fill out job applications, loan paperwork and licensing paperwork.

Prospective employers won’t judge you based on a previous indiscretion that happened when you were a teenager. They won’t have access to any of those records at all.

The biggest benefit to sealing your juvenile records is that you’ll be able to have a fresh start in life when you hit adulthood.

Request Free Consultation

Please fill out the form below to receive a free consultation, we will respond to your inquiry within 24-hours guaranteed.