Focused only on
criminal defense

Our attorneys are here
24/7 to help

We move fast
to protect you

We're here to
guide you

  • Assault

    Faced 7 Years in Prison: Dismissed

  • Securities Fraud

    Faced 5 Years in Prison: Dismissed

  • DUI Charges

    Faced 2 Years in Prison: Dismissed

  • USDA Fraud

    Faced $100,000 fine: Dismissed

Case Results

Murder Charges

Client accused of murdering his girlfriend

Our client was accused of murdering his ex-girlfriend. We were able to get charges dismissed due to lack of evidence after our team did a comprehensive investigation.

Los Angeles Corporal Injury on a Spouse/Mate Lawyers – PC 273.5

The authorities have accused you of committing a violent crime if you have received a citation for penal code 273.5 PC. A violent crime can have a long-term effect on your life if you leave your citation undefended, or you try to fight the battle alone. You can end up with jail time, heavy fines and a reputation that places suspicion and fear in the minds of future employment prospects, friends, family members and community members. A seasoned attorney can help you tackle the charge or corporal injury on a spouse or cohabitant and conquer it.

What Is Corporal Injury?

Domestic violence is a familiar name for corporal injury. Corporal injury includes any injury that causes marks, bruises, broken bones, disfigurement or long lasting pain. Examples of actions that cause such injuries are arm twisting, slapping, punching, biting, choking and mushing. An accused person must inflict the pain on a qualified person to be guilty of the crime of corporal injury on a spouse or inhabitant. The victim must be able to prove the validity of the claim, as well.

What Is Corporal Injury on a Spouse or Cohabitant?

Corporal injury on a spouse or cohabitant occurs when an offender performs one of the above-stated acts against a husband, wife or another person who lives with the person. The victim can be the child of the husband or wife, for example. Furthermore, the victim could include an ex-spouse, ex-mate or ex-cohabitant. The presence of physical injuries is what separates this crime from a common act of domestic violence. The domestic violence bracket includes threats and verbal abuse, whereas corporal punishment is strictly physical.

Penalties for Inflicting Corporal Injury on a Spouse or Cohabitant

The crime of corporal injury on a spouse or cohabitant can be classified as a misdemeanor or a felony crime. The authorities consider the defendant’s criminal history and the severity of the corporal injury before they classify the crime. The penalty for a misdemeanor case is a jail term of up to one year and a fine of up to $6,000. A felony charge can land a convicted person in jail for as many as four years. Don’t risk losing your job, family and home over this charge. Allow an attorney to step in for you.

Defense Strategies

An experienced lawyer can use a number of strategies to shield you from legal condemnation. First, he or she will evaluate the arrest circumstances. The arrest circumstance may be flawed.Your attorney will address such an issue during a request for a dismissal. The accusation may be false. You may not be the perpetrator. Your attorney will consider all of these elements when he or she is building your defense strategy. Acquittal is the next goal if dismissal does not work. Sentence reduction is the step that comes if an acquittal does not occur, but we never want it to go that far. We want to make your charge disappear from existence completely.

Schedule a Case Evaluation

You do not have to allow the stress of worrying about this case to tear you apart. Schedule a case evaluation with one of our aggressive defenders. You can do so by calling on the phone or completing a short form. Tell us a little bit about yourself and the situation you are in right now. We will be delighted to help you. Our attorneys have a history of getting our clients out of hot water. Schedule a meeting today so that we can initiate your release from the charge tomorrow.

Call us now!