Here’s an article from Farar & Lewis LLP, a Los Angeles personal injury law firm. You have been injured as a result of a workplace accident, vehicle collision or medical malpractice. What should you do?
If you are like most people who have sustained a personal injury, you may be scared or confused. That’s okay.
After you take a few moments to calm down, it is time to take decisive action. Hiring a personal injury attorney should be your next step.
Reasons to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
Personal injury lawyers handle a variety of cases – large and small. Not only are they experienced, personal injury lawyers know how to negotiate with insurance companies.
While it may be tempting to try to handle your case on your own, resist the urge to take this action. Unless you are a skilled attorney, you won’t have the knowledge to successfully handle your case.
There are several reasons for you to contact a personal injury lawyer after you have been injured. Here are a few benefits of hiring a lawyer to represent your interests.
1. Personal injury attorneys handle a variety of cases. This includes motor vehicle accidents, wrongful death, medical malpractice, workplace accidents, products liability, dog bites, premises liabilities and more.
Each personal injury case is different. They involve different laws and negotiation tactics. Without knowledge of the legal process and laws in your area, you may not get the right outcome.
2. Your personal injury attorney can help you get the best compensation for your circumstances. It is not unusual for injured people to get compensation for past medical expenses, future medical expenses, lost wages and pain/suffering.
3. Experienced personal injury attorneys have skills that you can trust. They know how to determine the value of your case. Personal injury attorneys know if it is better to settle your case or go to trial.
4. Your personal injury lawyer can guide you through the legal process. Being involved in a personal injury lawsuit can be stressful. This is especially true when you are dealing with pain and loss. Depending on the complexity of your case, it can take up to a few years to complete your case. Your personal injury attorney will be with you every step of the way.
5. You won’t have to pay for legal services unless you win. Knowledgeable personal injury attorneys represent clients on a contingency basis. This means that personal injury attorneys don’t get a fee unless you win your case. Contingency fees are common in personal injury law.
6. Personal injury attorneys are objective. Even if you are a lawyer, it can be challenging for you to handle your own case. When emotions get involved in a personal injury case, it can prevent you from making good decisions. Personal injury attorneys are objective and professional. Your lawyer’s primary focus is on the facts of your case.
7. Skilled lawyers have good negotiation skills. When it comes to settling a case, top-notch negotiation skills are essential. Personal injury lawyers are trained to negotiate with other attorneys and insurance representatives.
8. Personal injury attorneys can connect you with a good medical team. Finding a good medical team is essential to a speedy recovery. Your personal injury attorney can provide you with a list of doctors, physical therapists and specialists.
9. Personal injury attorneys can file a lawsuit on your behalf. In addition, a personal injury attorney can defend you in a court of law. Many personal injury lawyers hire expert witnesses who can strengthen your case.
If you have a personal injury, contact a personal injury lawyer in your area immediately. By hiring a personal injury attorney, you can protect your rights and maximize your settlement.
Faced 7 Years in Prison: Dismissed
Faced 5 Years in Prison: Dismissed
Faced 2 Years in Prison: Dismissed
Faced $100,000 fine: Dismissed
One of the best lawyers I ever deal with. First of all they are very professional and they know what they are doing. I deal with both Chad and Sol, Thank you so much. I will 200% will recommend Chad his team to any of my friends and family.